Thursday, June 3, 2010

Team USA! (part I)

Memorial Day left me feeling patriotic and a little nostalgic for the crafts that I did in LJAMS (aka my college apartment I lived in for 2 years). So after a trip today to the trifecta of craft stores - JoAnn's, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby - I made an impromptu decision to make a little patriotic decor for our front door.

Since this is Part I of this post, I'm going to walk you through what I have completed today and then have you wait until another day to see the finished product.

I picked up these 3 letters from Hobby Lobby that were about $2 per letter.

I took white acrylic paint that I had and painted the edges.

I bought 3 different scrapbook sheets of paper at Michael's for maybe 89 cents each and traced the letters onto the pieces of paper and cut them out.

I glued the paper letters onto the cardboard letters and then the fun part started!

My craft box is pretty much overflowing with supplies that I haven't touched in months so I picked out things to bedazzle the letters.

And you'll have to wait to see the finished product! I am not completely satisfied with how they have turned out so I'm adding final touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment