Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pretty Little Liars

When I think ABC Family, I can't help but think 7th Heaven. Sure, it was fun to watch in middle school when everyone would talk about the episodes at school, but as I entered high school I realized that the plot line was still struggling back in its middle school produced fashion. Plus, there was no way David Gallagher could have been related to any of those people.

Alright, let's forget about Lucy, Simon, Happy, and all the other Camdens and flash forward to present day where ABC Family has finally shaken their unrealistic, bland, and (sorry to say it) goody-two-shoes reputation by creating Pretty Little Liars.

At first I refused to watch their new show because I was convinced it would consist of but-my-dog-ate-my-homework fabrications, but my sister insisted this was better than anything ABC Family had ever put on air. Sidenote: my sister defines all things cool. So I watched an episode and now I can't get enough.

The series is based off of the teen books by Sara Shephard and is a cross between Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives, complete with a Queen Bee, a dead friend, and 4 female lead roles.

Unfortunately ABC Family does not have all of the episodes up online for our viewing pleasure, but even if you start watching now, it doesn't take long to read the episode recaps that started at the beginning of June. Or I'm sure the books wouldn't take long either. Pretty Little Liars airs on Tuesdays at 8pm on ABC Family.


[from] here and Eonline

No comments:

Post a Comment