Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vaca Remix

Vacation: it's what summer is designed for. You find a few days, go to the beach, and relax. This year, my family's schedules have been less than cooperative, so we are resorting to an extended weekend trip. We leave Friday morning to...I don't know where. My parents have planned a surprise vacation for my sisters and I.

Now my parents are fairly normal people. On a scale of LAME to COOL they would be tipping ever-so-slightly towards the COOL side for most things. My dad was embarrassing in middle school (ie. putting on a hideous mask to pick up my sister and I from a Halloween dance), but now I usually just team up with him to humiliate my youngest sister. Mom is not always up to date with our generation's culture, but she really went the extra mile to search for Zombie Chips (a la Nickelodeon's "Doug" April 19, 1992 episode) for us at Kroger. We're pretty sure that Mom & Dad mean well, so at least we know this vacation is well thought out.

My sisters and I are just hoping we're not going anywhere that requires costumes...or bagpipes...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Andrea, I'm doing the same thing for Dirk! If he knew what I was planning, he would totally refuse to go, so it must remain a secret. I tried to find a living history museum where the visitors don costumes and take on a role play for the week in a mid 19th century setting, but alas, it seems to be gone. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you're hilariooooo. have a good trip :) see ya at sarah's wedding!

    ReplyDelete